Friday, June 15, 2012

Hello again, it's been 5 long years since the last time I blogged here. There have been a multitude of changes in my life. Too much to go into here. The photograph is from Universal Pictures Classic Dracula, starring Bela Lugosi. This pubilicity still is for advertising the film but at the time most stills were in black and white and although I love the gothic atmosphere created by black and white film, I've always wanted to see what it would look like in color. I had to translate in the greyscale the corresponding color hues and after many attempts finally succeeded, fairly close. Anyway I'll leave the approval up to you. Do you like this effort? Should I post more? Any suggestions? The coloring was accomplished by Prisma Color pencils, which I had sitting around for years and now finally have put them to use. So for now as Dracula would say " I'll leave you" until the next blog.

No comments: